How can Writeoffloan.com help me?
We can review the way in which your mortgage was sold and if we think it has been mis-sold we can submit a claim on your behalf. If your claim is successful you could be entitled to compensation because the lender or broker will have to put you back in the position you would have been in as if the mis-selling had not happened.
So if you think you may have been mis-sold your mortgage call us today on 0800 043 2027 or contact us here.
Here’s a quick list of some of the areas where you may be able to claim.
- The adviser didn’t check that you could afford the mortgage.
- You have no way of repaying your mortgage past your retirement age.
- You weren’t made aware of the increased costs at the end of a fixed or discount rate.
- You were advised to take out a self-certification mortgage even though you could proof your income.
- You didn’t have any previous credit problems but were recommended a sub-prime mortgage.
- You were sold an interest-only mortgage to keep the costs down but you would not be able to afford to switch to a capital and interest mortgage later.
- You took out an interest-only mortgage but were not made aware of the risks of not having enough to repay the mortgage at the end of the term.
- You took out a remortgage to consolidate your existing debts but were not made aware of the consequences of extending the term of the loan or paying more in interest in the long run.
- Your adviser recommended that you remortgaged every 3 years – this may have increased your costs and outstanding debt each time.